Monday, August 16, 2010

introduction

Wow. There are a lot of people here who seem to be new to blogging.

Hi, the name's Paddy, and well I'm used to the internet phenom, I guess you could say. I've spent plenty of time trawling online forums, using the email constantly throughout the day and have a few personal blogs of my own. The main reason that I was interested in Self.Net was because it relates to a great deal of what I experience. Paring down my day to day interactions with strangers, the compulsions and the community that a global connection creates, is fascinating. I wanted to know what the theorists say about the living process that I'm a part of, and also the temptation of creating a weblog and receiving marks for it was too good.

In keeping with subject, I've linked everyone to Soul Pancake. The site itself presents a lot of uncomfortable questions to challenge your boundaries, while indulging in discussion from all across the world. The provided link leads you to one of their Big Questions, about technology catching up with us, which I thought mind be of interest.

And for those of you who are more or less interested in seeing more about journals, I've added Livejournal, which was mentioned in the lecture as one of the leading sites for journal-creation and maintenance. As noted on it's front page, it's got close to 30 million journals, some of which are easily viewed by exploration.

I look forward to seeing everyone in the tutorial!

No comments:

Post a Comment