Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Introduction!

Hi, my name's Wan Jun and I'm in my final semester of Arts, majoring in Communication/ English. I did this unit initially because there wasn't any other units that were as appealing to me as this. But once I started doing this unit, I realise how much it actually makes you think about our relationship with technology, and how we are as humans which is really interesting.

Just a bit more about myself so that it'll make a lot of things I talk about more in context. I am an International Student from Singapore. I moved to Perth when I was 17 and it is my fourth year in Perth already! Although I did kinda pick up some Australian culture, my Singaporean culture is still deeply embedded in me. So when I start talking about stuff that is happening in Singapore and people can't understand, my apologies!

So Mr Brown and XiaXue are two Singaporean bloggers. Their blogs are extremely well read by many locals for various reasons. However, the two blogs are extremely different. Mr Brown is a political writing who voices his opinions on many political issues in Singapore while XiaXue's blog talks generally about her own life experience. I will discuss this further in my entry on my tutorial presentation! So KEEP READING! (:

I'll see you guys in tute!

No comments:

Post a Comment