Monday, August 23, 2010

Hi, I'm Becky :)

Just realised I hadn't done my introductory post yet. So here we go...
I'm in my second year studying Arts (Communications) and majoring in either philosophy or Italian - haven't quite figured that out yet. I needed one more elective this semester and originally chose an anthropology unit; however, I decided to change at the last minute. After looking through every possible arts unit I got down to women's studies and made a snap decision. I'm very interested in identity as it seems to me like one of life's big questions, and I love studying the internet/digital age.

Personally, I believe in the notion of no self. That's not to say that I apply this to every aspect of my life... but I certainly try to channel this idea through meditation, art, words, music and life itself. It's probably idyllic of me, but I see the internet as a forum through which this idea can be better embodied. Here's a short paper on no-self by Thanissoro Bikkhu if you're interested.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you on Wednesday.
Peace out everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment