Sunday, October 24, 2010

Week 12 Reflective post.

On the blog
I personally found the blog both interesting yet relatively tedious and time consuming. I feel that while the blog allows me to take time to process the information shared, it takes so much time just trying to get through some of the posts as well. I think that our face to face tutorials were a lot more meaningful as we tend to challenge each other's ideas. However, I must also say that as our discussions are very often pretty intense, it is really difficult to progress the information so quickly. Thus, the blog has definitely allowed me to think about the issues we talked about in tutorials in more depth. Also, I did find the blog really useful for following the links shared on the blog. The blog has made sharing these links so much easier.

Am I a Cyborg?
Before starting the unit, I would never have classified myself as a Cyborg. However, after this course, I am starting to accept the fact that I may be a Cyborg at the end of the day. As humans, we are becoming more and more dependent on technology and our generation practically cannot live without technology. However, I do agree that cyborgs and humans should not be mutually exclusive and at the end of the day, it is up to the individual to decide what they see themselves as. Thus, while I am starting to accept that I may be a Cyborg, I still don't think that I am one.

Likes/ dislikes
I have really enjoyed this unit tremendously. Our tutorial discussions are always stimulating and it has definitely changed the way I view Cyborgs and technology. I also really enjoy the readings that we have to do for this unit. They are always interesting and force me to think about issues or angles that I have never thought about prior to the unit. The workshops are my favourite part of the unit when we can watch certain clips or articles and analyse them. It forces us to think and discuss issues in the classes. They have been really enjoyable.

My last favourite part of the unit is probably the webliography. I didn't find the assignment very useful or helpful.

This unit has been a pleasure I must say! I really enjoyed it.

Signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment