Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dove

Hey guys,

Here are a couple of those Dove advertisements we were talking about today! Really interesting if you ask me and a really clever marketing technique. I for one know that I'm encouraged to buy Dove products, because I feel as though they're a good cause. This idea of embracing women of all shapes and sizes encourages me to see Dove as more of an organisation supporting women and diversity, rather than a brand, which I guess means they're doing a good job!




Pretty engaging, have a look!

1 comment:

  1. Zomg, I'd seen the last ad, but not the first 2. Engaging is an understatement.

    It was funny, at the end of the first ad I was thinking "she's so gorgeous!" and then had to check myself, because I'd just seen the process in action of how it goes from start to finish! I don't know that I use Dove more or less because of these ads (I will admit that I'd heard about the campaign but hadn't really seen any of them) but the plug they made about the real beauty program made me happy. With these ads Dove were, in a fashion, breaking down some of the sterotypes behind the beauty industry, and actively enforcing these ideals with programs to teach young people to "embrace a broader definition of beauty".

    ReplyDelete